View Single Post
Old
10-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Parise wants out of New Jersey, good fit in Columbus?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=836074

According to that thread Zach Parise is not happy in New Jersey and will likely play out the season and look for an offer sheet or a trade from the Devils.
With that said, he'd be a perfect fit here. We need a player who's better than Nash on this team for it to be successful, and Parise fits that description.
Problem is would Parise want to play with a perennial bottom feeder and an organization with a questionable effort to win?? I don't know.

Some offers I'd consider for Parise.

Rick Nash straight up, most of us are fed up with Nash for being lazy and not producing, I'd ship him out in a heartbeat if Lou Lamoriello was willing to take him. Would NJ want 2 wingers making that dough and having a reputation for taking shifts off?

Voracek + other assets: That would be more advantageous for us, maybe Nash playing with another elite player will be enough to motivate him, since $ 7.8 million is not enough.

Brassard + Moore + whatever NJ wants: This would allow us to keep Nash/Voracek. Question is does Brass/Moore even interest NJ? Maybe.

Flame away.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote