View Single Post
Old
11-01-2010, 12:12 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWolves1 View Post
I am shocked that Toronto is not more behind their AHL team. You would think that such a hockey crazed city would love the chance to see the up and comers for their home team, at good prices as well. It does not make sense. Are people too good to see something other than the NHL there? There is some semblence of that here in Chicago as well sad to say.

I would suspect that Toronto fans are having that elites feel. That if it's not the NHL then its not worth watching. I see that a lot with Whaler fans here in Hartford. Everyone from hardcore fans to the casual say on a daily bases say they want the NHL back in Hartford. Yet they seemingly refuse to support the AHL. They always seem to give me this elites like turn their noses up to the AHL type feel, cause it's not the NHL. Now I think some of this has to do with the Wolf Pack/Whale being the affiliate of the New York Rangers. Who where a big Whaler rival... But still for the sake of hockey in Hartford.. Get over it! Now we'll see when they change the name to The Whale at the end of this month if that we'll change the interest in the team and attendance at the XL Center...

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote