View Single Post
Old
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctay View Post
I think its interesting that before the season started this message board was lighting up with people screaming that Bob should not be ruined by being thrown into the NHL too soo (me included). Now it seems everyone is worried he'll be ruined by being sent back to the AHL.

I think the idea for Bob from the start was to move him up and down to give him as much and as varied an experience as he could get. Whoever mentioned he played two great seasons for the KHL's worst team was correct. Poise is the term everyone seems to use when referring to him. He can handle going down to the Phantoms for a while. And if Leighton doesn't work out, they can always call him back up.
I don't think he will. He has earned the chance to stay and will get the proper goalie coaching under Reese. They can still keep him up, not burn him out, and be mentally prepared to handle a run in the last month. He has played no more than 35 games in a season previously so keeping him fresh is going to be important, whether it is in the NHL or AHL, so letting him keep with the big club is in some ways helping to continue his development, and at the same time he will not be required to play every night.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote