View Single Post
Old
11-01-2010, 03:01 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 2466
all I can say is don't take it seriously at all. My son is a rep goalie and the politics are sickening. It looks like he is going to be APed up a level so a whole new set of parents to take abuse from or listen to whine about the coaching. when your kid comes to you and says "I want to try out for select" or some rep hockey That is when you start thinking about lessons, power skating coaches, etc, etc.

at 4, 5 or even 9, 10 just have fun watching them make mistakes fall, and score.
I see to many parents that are forcing hockey on there kids and the kids want to play but the parents want them to WIN!

Relax there is time.

As a mater of fact there are AAA kids that start playing hockey at age 9 or 10 who catch up the the kids who started playing at age 4, or 5 by the time they are 13 or 14. real development doesn't starts taking off after age 10 from what I have seen in the last 3 years I have been involved with minor hockey.

Make it fun, make the kid a winner even when they louse a game. Take home nothing but positive and learn from mistakes.

As for what age do they start showing real talent for hockey. All ages.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote