View Single Post
Old
11-01-2010, 03:42 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
Seems like Anthony is discounting prior violations. An article on the Delco Times' website:

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory

Quote:
So, Danny Briere had his confab with NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell this morning.

The result, a three-game suspension.

I ask, why?

Look, I know he took a swipe at the back of Franz Nielsen's head with the shaft of his stick on a faceoff. He got the back of Nielsen's helmet and combined with a check from behind by Dan Carcillo, drove Nielsen into the ice.

It's a move I've seen many hockey players perform in the past without suspension.

Is it dirty? Yes. Is it part of the game? Yes.

Was it worthy of a suspension? Yeah, probably. But one game would have sufficed - for the premeditation of the hit. After all, it's not like Nielsen was injured (although after what he did after taking the hit, I would think he dressed up as a turtle for Halloween).

But, Briere got three games.

Now, the converse. New York Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro left the crease to get engaged in some of the hub-bub of the same game at least twice, although some will argue he did it three times.

Regardless, all he got was a minor penalty - once. And, after Briere's hit on Nielsen, DiPietro went after him and speared him in the groin with his goalie's stick.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote