View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
Is that why he received death threats at the deadline when he traded Carter and Niinimaa. Lowe is criticized to no end by fans.
Welcome to being a GM of a Canadian club. Do you think Pat Quinn, Brian Burke, Andre Savard, and the like have/had it any easier?

I think BES raises some good points.

I'd like to say that you can like the Oilers without liking management. I like the Flames and don't like their management (well, didn't, I like Sutter now though).

On this board, however, I'd say Lowe almost never gets critisized. Why? Because if you do, you get lynched like I did. I never posted any inflamitory, personal, or trollish remarks in the least in my original post, yet I got deluded with, 'You're an idiot', 'You don't know anything, and, 'You know nothing about yadda yadda yadda'. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only fan of the Oilers who doesn't think Lowe is the model of perfection amongst GM's. And simply because I do not think Lowe is a great GM and MacTavish is not a very good coach does not mean I'm insulting you Oiler fans. I'm insulting the management of the hockey team! BIG DIFFERENCE!