View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKarateMonkey
i watched the Avs-Stars preseason game from last week, and i have to say #40 really caught my eyes. at first i thought he was tanguay, but i found out later tanguay is now #18, i think.
who is this #40 guy? hes really fast and is a great passer. the pass he made to set up a goal was really nice. for that one game he resemble paul kariya out there!
i dont get to watch many Avs games here in Van and i really want to learn more about him. so feel free to post whatever you guys know about him. thx!
Marek Svatos is the name your looking for. He will wear #40 for the Avs this year. He has really impressed with is speed, on ice vision, and skills with the puck, as well as courage to get his nose dirty even though he's only about 5-10, 170 lbs. He's one of the four rookies we have going into the season, which also include a big tough grinding center named Cody McCormick that takes the body extremely well, a very impressive offensive defensman in John-Michael Liles who beat out some other guys thought to have a much better chance than he did to make the team, as well as rookie goaltender Phillipe Sauve. Svatos will likely play on a line as a right wing with Nikolishin centering and Battaglia on the left. I'm sure some of the other guys on here know more about Svatos than I do, and wouldn't mind filling you in if they get a chance.