View Single Post
Old
11-01-2010, 11:03 PM
ToTheNet

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
It's possible that I could get hit by lightning the next time I walk outside my house but I don't think it will happen and if someone tells me I'm going to be struck by lightning then I'm probably going to think that they're an idiot.

Practically anything is technically "possible", but not everything is realistic. That's what the different between saying "he can't do it" and saying "you're an idiot for thinking he can" is. With the latter I'm acknowledging that it's entirely possible, but I'm still making it clear that it's completely unrealistic to think that he will.

Idiot might have been a harsh word to use, but it's not my fault if people on here are sensitive. I say what I think (for the most part) and I'm honest. If somebody told you that John Sim could be a 100 point player, wouldn't you think that they're an idiot. It's not being mean, it's being honest.

Anyways, this is a really ****ing stupid thing to argue about.

Jon Sim put up 130 pts with the Sarnia Sting back in 95-96, so yes at one point I would have thought it possible that he could have been a 100 point NHL player, but now that he is way up there in age, and barely was signed by an awful NY Islanders team I'd say the likelihood of that happening was slim to none. . . given that we now have years of data that would prove it not possible.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote