View Single Post
Old
11-02-2010, 02:02 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
A recent "trend" separated by 3 months, and two entirely different environments... the level and type of play taking place during the playoffs in no way compares to the turd sandwich that is the quality of play in October/November.

Patrick Sharp was great in the playoffs, too ya know. I mean, you really expect him to be a threatening 90 pts at the end of the year?

EDIT: Sharp has 21 goals in his last 34 games, or 50 goal pace. I guess we should plan ahead for that.
I not talking about Patrick Sharp.....but considering his increased role on the team it's not out of the realm of possibility he scores 40 goals and 80 points.

Anyway, you are bringing up things I'm not even talking about like saying I think he'll be a 50 goal scorer and 90 points. Moreover, you keep defining the parameters...of course you can never be wrong doing so. The fact whether you want to keep throwing out data that is convenient to your argument is that he's produced since April and one can fairly say he's broken out and discovered a new level to his game. I know this bothers you b/c it may show you to be selling him short when all is said and done....

Again...let's see. I do know that I hope the people saying he's a 40 goal scorer are proven to be correct since it will only help the team's prospects going forward.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote