View Single Post
Old
11-02-2010, 07:19 AM
ohbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post
Well, wanted to get my opinion in on this:

I think Anisimov has a TON of potential. He is big, he is strong around the net, and boards. He has great hands, vision, and a hard shot. He is also above-average defensively. I think he can become a Koivu type guy, a very good playmaking, lanky, two-way center.

Very excited to see what he can do the next few years.
He has a weak shot for a big man. No one will go wow with his slapshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
I've been following Anisimov for awhile and as I have seen more and more out of him my opinion has changed. There was a time I'd say Steve Rucchin type C but now I don't think it be out of the question to say Eric Staal. AA will never put up the 05-06 numbers Staal put up but more like what Staal has done the last four seasons.

35-40G 70-80 points (though I think AA comes in a little less goal scoring at 25-30)

Both players are big strong centers, all situation players (play top PP or last minute holding a 1G lead), have a willingness to get physical. The next question for me is (cause I think he'll hit the numbers) can Anisimov dominate big games (playoffs) like Staal has showen

Anisimov has not developed as fast as Staal but that does not mean he can't get there taking a little longer.
AA doesn't have Staal's speed and never will. Staal is an elite player in this league. He burns people nightly with his speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
35-35 guy playing borderline elite level defensive game is his upside imho.
This is much more likely his top shelf.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote