View Single Post
Old
11-02-2010, 09:43 AM
mullichicken25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Trust me if he truly feels that way he'd let us know....and he has. He continuously said we need to keep our core together and develop them.

Sure...maybe that does spell out a transition year. However, that's not the mentality they're going with , and right fully so. You have allstar players like Lundqvist, Gaborik, Staal in 3 of the games different positions. You have Dubinsky who at the end of last season showed that he's finding a niche/identity in regards to his game. You've been watching Callahan all season and you see what he's ready to bring to the table.

I'm not so sure you want to do a full rebuild w/ many good pieces in place. Besides, Lundqvist isn't getting any younger. Bias aside, he's bar none the top goaltender in this league and he needs to start getting recognition for it. The consistency he provides between the pipes is something I've never seen.
im certainlly not advocating a rebuild

im just saying that as long as dolan's still upstairs the team will never publically say anything other than a "we want the cup" type statement

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote