View Single Post
Old
11-02-2010, 10:11 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Who is forgetting anything? Even with Nodl supposedly playing so well... he's almost NEVER a threat in the offensive zone. He creates very few chances, and nukes a lot of good ones with his offensive decision making. His two goals this year are an ENG and an empty net (which he almost missed) created by a beautiful feed on the tape from JVR.

Wellwood was involved, making dangerous passes that created chances... jumping into dangerous spaces to create scoring chances... made an excellent defensive play that turned around into a scoring chance.

There was a LOT to like there.
I will admit that Wellwood is a really smart player, something he showed out there, but he's not physically developed. Other plays his age and younger have gotten by based on skill, but Wellwood is a hard-work determination kind of guy. He needs to adapt to the speed and physicality of the league. The Carolina Hurricanes, one of the youngest teams in the NHL in not the youngest, are not a good baseline. The Rangers will be a much better test to see how well Wellwood will hold up to the normal competition in the Atlantic Division and the stronger teams in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Wellwood may be younger, but the kid can skate and showed some offensive skills. I'd give him a few more games before sending him down in place of No-Goal Nodl.
Nodl was playing VERY well before he got hurt, better than Wellwood played in last night's game in fact.

That said, I'd be willing to give Wellwood a few more trial games just to make sure Nodl is 100% if not just to keep Wellwood out of Adirondack a few more days.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote