Thread: OT: Police report
View Single Post
Old
11-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Kafka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I won't get into details but long story short, there has been two occurances of vandalism(on 3 new-newish cars) within 3-4 month span(the second was this morning). They occured in front of my house. We didn't file a report the first time, thinking it was a random event but now it's pretty clear someone's targeting us. My question is, now when we file a police report, will they investigate and treat it as a repeat offense or will they treat it like a single event? I'm 99.999999% sure it's not a halloween thing either, so no point in mentioning it.
They have no proof that the guy who did it the second time is the same that did it the first time. However, you will need to tell them who you think could want to target you, and open a closet you probably wanted to stay closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunka Gurndeep View Post
To be fair,

Most cops are understaffed and overworked in Canada. They don't do much for these 'petty' crimes because in reality, they really can't. While 2 cops are tied up doing surveillance or working on catching a couple of criminals who are keying cars, thousands of other criminals are doing far worse.
Euh.... no. Like firemen, policemen earn way to much for the work they do.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote