View Single Post
Old
11-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
You make overall good points something of course I would never expect you to acknowledge of my own points...Nevertheless, my contention is that the Hitchcock factor was very real regardless. No it wasn't the only factor and the article is scant and I didn't agree with the Gagne assessment either however the premise is still not exactly way off with respect to Hitchcock's defensive style and coaching style where he would belittle people to get them motivated. Also I'm not so sure Hitch has his pick of NHL teams....I think around the league they recognize his shortcomings outweigh his strengths. He's a short shelf life coach in a league that keeps getting younger....so again nothing to discount....
Dude, you cited an article, and I addressed the points in the article... that's acknowledging the points.

Columbus made the postseason for the first time in the club's history under him... that team don't exactly have a track record of success. They had their three best seasons in the organization's history... after Hitch showed up. Why'd they struggle last year (leading to his replacement): largely because their starting goalie dropped to a .901 from a .916 the year before.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote