View Single Post
Old
11-02-2010, 02:06 PM
hatedandproud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
First, sulzer wasnt called up he has been a healthy scratch, regardless the coaching staff trusted/believes(d) in Franson more than Sulzer and they showed it by Cody making the team out of camp while sulzer sat in the press box.

Second, quoting Thirdman, one game and stat doesnt justify a players potential/skill/overall greatness over another player.

Finally , Cody's speed and not willing to hit is an issue while Sulzer's turnovers and decision making is an issue but overall they are both learning and in their respective growing stages in the NHL (yes, no matter if Franson has played a whole extra year, He was "the most protected player in the nhl" remember? While Sulzer played in the Olympics against the best) So on the outcome of my post i will say i think both defenseman are their own breed of players and time will tell which one will benefit the predators the most, and i am not hating on you hatedandproud just my opinions and observations.

BTW, Cody has as many points as Wilson, and on an offensively starved team, I'd view that as valuable until we show we dont need offense from Dman so as of nowwe need all the points we can get. IMHO
You are right, Sulzer was pressbox man, not a call-up.
So if the coaching staff believes in franson so much better, why are they playing the former healthy scratch more minutes (alot more minutes)? And this is not just one game...it's the last 4 games. In sulzer's first game in, which is 5 games ago, Franson had :34 seconds more TOI than sulzer.
While they thought franson was better out of camp, it sure looks to me like that opinion has changed.

Now, you want to talk about turnovers and decision making. I would urge you to visit On The Forecheck. They have a feature where they breakdown how goals are scored. They brokedown detroit's second goal this time. Please go take a look at it and tell me who was making the poor decisions.(All those people saying "Sulzer was on the ice for 4 goals," you need to take a look at that breakdown as well.)
And did you happen to see the 2 consecutive turnovers by franson there in the first?

But again you are right, they are different players and time will tell which one will benefit the predators the most.
I just don't think he is anywhere close to the hype he is receiving from some people on these boards.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote