Old
11-02-2010, 04:32 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Can someone explain to me how a 70 point center with at least above average defensive awareness and skills can be a 1b center?

I don't mean to single you out Jon. I have been seeing this for years on this board and I never understand it. Unlike some posters I know you will come back with an educated response, hence why I asked you.
It's all subjective, really. I consider a true #1 center to be fairly elite when it comes to offensive talent. Like a true #1 d-man, I don't think there are many out there.

They really need to be able to carry a team and a line whenever on the ice. I don't think either Anisimov or Stepan can truly do that at the NHL level. I don't think either of them are truly good enough to be able to truly carry other players around them over the course of a full season. They need others around them.

Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, etc. can create offense without having to have players around them. I think we'll find that both Stepan and Anisimov need guys around them of higher skill than the aforementioned players in order to be truly utilized well.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote