View Single Post
Old
11-02-2010, 05:59 PM
nyr2417

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
If we can get somewhere between 130-140 combined points from Anisimov and Stepan, I think our problems at center will be effectively solved. I looked up every team to go over 120 pts between their top two centers and if both our guys reach their full potential, we'll be top ten in the league easy. It's also important to note how both our guys are great defensively, that will be a big advantage outside of points.

Elite Tier:
Vancouver: Sedin/Kesler (187 pts)
Pittsburgh: Crosby/Malkin (186 pts)
Tampa: Stamkos/Lecavlier (165 pts)
Washington: Backstrom/Laich (160 pts)

Top Tier:
Dallas: Richards/Ribeiro (144 pts)
San Jose: Thornton/Pavelski (140 pts)
Detroit: Zetterberg/Datsyuk (140 pts)
Buffalo: Roy/Connolly (134 pts)
Colorado: Statsny/Duchene (132 pts)
Montreal: Plekanec/Gomez (129 pts)
Philly: Richards/Carter (123 pts)
Atlanta: Antropov/Peverly (123 pts)
Anaheim: Getzlaf/Koivu (122 pts)

Out of these 13 teams, 9 made the playoffs. The only team to make the Conference semis without being on this list was Boston, who is fine up the middle. Of course, you need more than to just be strong up the middle to do well. Tampa is always a good example for this. However, we do have Henke and a defense that is emerging at a similar pace.

I guess my main point is that it's an exciting time to watch players develop in front of our eyes and it looks like, if things go smoothly, it looks like we can contend within the next couple of years. Especially if we use Drury and Rozi's money to sign a first pair D-Man and a good winger. (Suter and one of Perron/Penner/Umberger?)
I'll agree with Suter but no need to sign any forwards were pretty loaded right now... kreider grachev werek halagen(spelling error)

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote