View Single Post
Old
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Well, they're important points. I hammer on them because they're important and we need the perspective in all the doom-and-gloom of a losing streak.

A 2-game losing streak.
Sure, a 2 game losing streak, but it's pretty much a 12game weak streak from the 2nd line. I'm not worried because I know they will produce, but they will keep having troubles for as long as we put a grinder next to them.
There was a great instance during the game where Gomez was in the offensive zone with Moen. Gionta wasn't on yet as the 3rd player was on its way to the bench.
Gomez is along the ashmark around the boards with Moen down low uncovered.
Gomez looked, and kept the puck to battle it out against the boards, Gionta rushed in and Gomez tried to pass it but it was intercepted.
Plays like this happen way too frequently and honestly I can't blame Gomez for it.
Having a better winger would incite Gomez to pass it, that player could protect it and make a play of his own.

No panic needed, we're still playing well. I'm just frustrated because Martin seems to always wait for losses before making changes, it's overly annoying.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote