Old
11-03-2010, 12:59 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
but you are wrong
just this conference alone teams dress Godard Gillies Shelley Orr thornton rupp king so that theory is off
I think Philly probably finds Shelley and his contract a similar frustration as Boogard here. Other than Shelley and Orr, the others you've listed are pretty disposable. Which is the real problem here - Boogard gets paid like he is more than a heavyweight fighter, like he brings something else to the table, when the fact of the matter is he is far from that.

I have no problem with having a heavyweight, I do have a problem with a heavyweight that gets a 4 year contract (which is my biggest problem with the contract, not so much the overpayment) when clearly there are cheaper options that won't become a distraction because of their contract if they sit for extended time. Clearly the role of a heavyweight enforcer is becoming less and less as time goes by. Of the guys you listed, how many of them do you really think their team would miss that much? Thornton and Orr are probably the only guys on that list that fans of their respective teams actually give a damn about.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote