View Single Post
Old
11-03-2010, 06:09 AM
BobSantos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
For the last 3 years we have been waiting for Dubinsky to have a breakout season. And every year you hear the same thing from Sam and Joe. I was one who said it will never happen. I just didn't see any growth in his game. He had 40 pts in each of his first 3 seasons.

Well, this is season #4 for him, and it seems to me,... since the tail end of last year, he has come into his own. Since that loss against Boston last year to practically eliminate us from the playoffs, he has scored 19 pts in 21 games. And in that span,.. he has led all Rangers fowards in time on ice. And that includes Gabby too!

Obviously Torts has supreme confidence in him, playing him in all situations. But Dubi has taken the coaches' approval,... grabbing it by the balls and lifting his game to another level. He has become a leader on this team and it shows in his confidence. He is making all the right decisions.

BTW he's tied with Ovie in 5th place in goals scored (7).
Good post. Dubinsky is taking his game to a new level. What I've liked is that he's controlling the pace of the play when he needs to. He can protect the puck and pass it off to keep play alive. He seems to understand that a garbage goal is as good as a beautiful goal, and he seems to will his linemates to succeed.

On Cally's first goal you could almost see Dubi feeding him intentionally.

Love what his game has become.

On Torts, I agree he seems more calm or collected this year. I always felt that his beef was the culture of the team last year. That his battle was waking the little millionaires up. Seeing the selflessness on the ice now, I'd say that battle was won and Torts is satisfied that he's made headway. The attitude looks good on him and the team. Kudos.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote