View Single Post
Old
11-03-2010, 07:51 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500

I've been pretty down on Boyle since he was acquired and with good reason, however, this year as someone above mentioned, he's realized that he can actually play this game and that he's bigger and stronger than the average NHL'er and is using those attributes to his advantage.

He's making opponents pay on most occassions, he's getting a bit stronger along the boards, his skating seems to have gotten better (which was already one of his strengths)

Maybe it's just one of those things where the player has taken a season or 2 longer than most to get truly comfortable in his own skin.

Would still like to see him add a bit more snarl to his game, but I have been pleased and impressed with his play 11 games in.

Keep it up.

Another guy is Callahan, he's on pace for 29 goals and 67 assists, do I really expect that to happen? Not even close, but as long as that lines stays together, 25+ goals and 30+ assists is not out of the question. A 55+ point season out of Callahan with everything else that he brings to the table and that is who we were thinking we were getting when we signed Drury 3 years ago.

Finally, Dubinsky, I have given this guy crap for a while now. I have mentioned time and again how I think that he is a glorified 3rd liner (same as Cally) however, I must now eat my words as he has come into this season with purpose and has demonstrated an ability to be part of a line that has carried this team through 11 games (not long, but not to shabby either) He's playing an imposing style that compliments his lines-mates and as such, all three are having fantastic starts to their seasons.

As long as they can continue this effort (points aside) I have to admit that my assessment on both Dubinsky and Callahan were off and they are both legit players playing like a true 1st line.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote