Thread: Salary Cap: Expected to go up 3.5M$-4.5M$
View Single Post
Old
11-03-2010, 10:56 AM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
You thinking that AK46 deserves a raise and also saying that Gomez should be buried in the minors makes me lol and gives me little faith in your knowledge as a hockey fan. Your too obsessed with your name sake.

I'm a Habs fan. I really hope AK has a break out year but even if he does, he doesn't deserve a raise, he hasn't been earning his salary for the past 2 years. I have no problems with him getting $3.5 to 4m for 3-4 years if he can score 25 goals this year.

But expecting him to get a raise is lol. Do you think he is a $5m player? Because your suggesting that we spend the increased cap space on him next year. fwiw I don't think Markov deserves a raise either, I think his salary cap hit is where it should be going forward given his injury history and taking into consideration the standard hometown discount.

Gomez played an integral role in us reaching the Stanley Cup finals, Andrei did not. In the playoffs, I'd almost rather take Sergei than Andrei tbh. Knowing these facts, you'd honestly give Ak a raise and bury Gomez in the minors if you were GM?
Andrei is making 3.25 million, so 3.5-4 million would be a raise...

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote