View Single Post
Old
11-03-2010, 12:44 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If he's going to sign for that, I think the Blues will retain him. If he's going to the open market, it's because he wants $4MM+. Guess we'll have to wait and see though.
Free Agency is an auction. Multiple teams are after the same player almost all the time. If you expect to come out of free agency without overpaying 90% of the time than you're only fooling yourself. If you've noticed only the players who have been bought out, in a tail spin and showing decline are the ones who come considerably cheap. Except in our case with individuals like Redden and Drury.

I wanted Mikko Koivu, Patrice Bergeron, and David Backes in that order.

Koivu and Bergeron have been re-signed. Backes is still out there. A lot depends on how he plays this season and how that affects his asking price/value. From what I have watched of him he's a very hard working individual with great size, good skill, and adds a power game to the line-up.

If he has a a solid 2 way game, work ethic, size that is used, and a scoring touch that has yet to be maximized -- is 4- 5 mill on overpayment? Not too sure. A lot depends on this season. Let's see if he can crack 30 goals again.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote