View Single Post
Old
11-03-2010, 01:24 PM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
This goes to a question I posed to him about given the choice of resigning either Carter or Giroux at same salary. Given the choice who would you resign? Personally I think Giroux has all the tools to be a quality top fwd in the NHL and not do it just by scoring goals, he just makes others around him better which is what you want from your top players.

Bottom line it will most likely be either Giroux/Leino or Carter/Leino to have back next year unless they shed some salary on the defense which was Homers philosophy on winning this year. There are no wings in the system and at this point it is more than obvious that not only do I view Giroux better at center but so does Laviolette.
It is actually more like...

Carter/Leino/having money for 6th dman and 4th line - this is beyond ******** and will never happen (allowing Roo to walk)

Carter/Giroux/going lean on 6th dman and 4th line - this is the most plausible outcome, especially considering Homer's track record

Giroux/Leino/having even more money for 6th dman and 4th line - this is the best idea because we either trade Carter (improving our prospect pool immensely, allowing us cap space to form a TRUE shutdown 3rd line, etc.) or allow him to get offer sheated (improving our prospect pool immensely, allowing us cap space to form a TRUE shutdown 3rd line, etc.). It solves nearly every problem our organization currently has (flawed philosophy regarding the 3rd line, lack of prospects, no cap space).

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote