View Single Post
Old
11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hutch View Post
I'm not so sure of how many western-based NHL teams would move their AHL teams to the same general geographical areas. A team like Vancouver can move prospects to and from Winnipeg in three hours for home games, and to my understanding are happy with the location for moving prospects to away games.

I just hope that the Heat having to handle travel costs for visiting teams doesn't contribute to a complete collapse in revenue. This really is the best hockey that this city will ever see. It would be a shame to lose it. In their brief history, the Heat have been hovering around the same attendance averages as the previous locations of Quad City and Omaha. The only difference now is that they need sellouts for the Manitoba Moose to spike up the average.
the AHL did the same thing for MLSE when they played at both Memorial Coliseum and then Mile One Stadium in St. John's, NFLD.... THE LEAGUE'S HELPING Fraser Valley and the Heat by doing tht, by taking tht expense off the ownership, which is why you're seeing two game series in Abbotsford.......

CHRDANHUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote