View Single Post
Old
11-04-2010, 04:25 PM
CDirt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan25 View Post
1) Rick Dipietro

He's been out for too long, and will never be the same goalie he was before the injury, its time to either give a new goalie a chance and drop him to the AHL or just get rid of him all together.

2) Trent Hunter

He's the most obvious out of shape player on the Islanders atm, and as of late has really brought down his big checks. He makes bad passes and at times is incredibly unreliable when needed to go on a rush. He just doesn't have it anymore...I really like Hunter too though.

3) Doug Weight

If anything, take this poor guy off the Powerplay, he simply can't handle the responsibility anymore. He should stay on the fourth line too, he's lost his fire already after having a pretty nice start. Guy is just too old. Another player I really like that just can't do it for us anymore.

I know you all have your own opinions and choices, so please share, thanks!

Go Isles
I don't think the issue is so much of an individual player at fault. Course you can probably spread the blame evenly across the guys in the room. Mainly cause this team isn't playing as a cohesive unit.

But that really comes down to the coach finding something that works. Which really is my issue with this team as it's retarded to go look for players that fit your system rather than work with what you have in the room.

Gordon's system clearly doesn't work either. You can't expect to play this kind of system for sixty minutes cause it freakin wears guys down. Everyone that has commented on it in that locker room has stated that it's freakin nearly impossible to play this system at a high level night after night.

Gordon needs to make adjustments.

He needs to get this team back on his side cause it looks to me like he's lost it.

CDirt is offline   Reply With Quote