View Single Post
Old
11-04-2010, 03:33 PM
JerseyRangers

vCash: 500
The way this team has been playing hard to pick just one or two guys. Boyle has taken a huge step but then so have Dubi, Cally, Arty, Rozy, Prust, Avery and Girardi.

Actually I'm going to have to say Torts. Here's why -

For years one of my biggest complaints was that this team played for themselves. No one stood up for anyone, no one cared. Even last year guys would get run and players would skate away. As a long time Ranger fan I can't remember when before this season we had a team that really cared and fought for one another! I'm tempted to say mid to late 90's before we started signing all the mercenaries.

Now maybe adding guys like Prust and Shelly last season reminded some of the guys on this team that sometimes its ok to take a run at a guy who just flattened one of your own. Maybe seeing that 4th line get top line minutes toward the end of the season made guys like Avery and Boyle take notice and something clicked. Either way they are playing for each other, for the crest on their jersey and for the fans. Maybe thats why so many of us fans are sitting up and saying this team is different. Even if we lose tonite I have a feeling that the Cryers are going to know at the end of the nite that this is a different Rangers team then in the past.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote