View Single Post
Old
10-06-2003, 05:11 AM
DarioinDenver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
Wow that's it, 500k more a year, and the same amount of years. If that's true, then that's not even selling out, that's bailing out. I thought Pierre was offering less years, and that was the sticking point.
I believe the Avs offered him a 3 year 2.8 million dollar deal. NY is a 3.5 four year deal that's heavily frontloaded. So 700k plus and extra year and a front loaded contract (which might hurt him with a lock out).

For the longest period of time I really did dislike DeVries as a player. He had this horrible habit of cross-checking forwards in the corners with that rabbit puch style, just real fast cross-checks that weren't called on him that often. He wouldn't get his feet dirty like a Blake, Foote, or Bourque and just use his body to pinch a guy from the puck. His stock went up in my book by a very large margin when he dropped the gloves with Brasher and showed some stand-up toughness. I still think he has some serious holes defensively and the Rangers are about the worst team he could join up with because of the top three defenders he can pair with. He's going to have a worse than Kasper first year in NY I fear. From the Avalanche perspective, DeVries had no place on the team 2-4 years from last year with the depth we have in our system.