View Single Post
Old
11-04-2010, 10:14 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I love how a simple question of PP strategy turned into a hate Trotz thread. That was never the point of the question. The point was why do we have guys basically playing out of position? That's all that the question was and if someone can still explain that to me that would be great. Right handed shot on the right face off dot and left handed shot on the left face off dot should be the complete opposite as far as I'm concerned. I've watched enough hockey over the years to know this. How can a coach in the NHL not realize this as well? It wasn't let's bash Trotz and get rid of him. I just question his strategy on the PP and while we did ok last night, we had a 7 game stretch of 1 for 21? This is way too similar to the stats of last year. Yeah, injuries hurt but guess what, poor strategy isn't the answer either.

As far as Bouillon goes, he's a very solid third pairing guy, serviceable on the second pairing and blatantly obvious a bad choice on the first pairing. The problem is, who do you put with Weber for the time being? Could Klein or O'Brien handle the time? I almost wonder if Sulzer could handle first pairing minutes better at this point. Not saying he's the answer but I wonder.
I think Klein could handle the top line minutes much better but that leaves Cube and Sob as the 2nd pairing, and I don't know if that would work.

If it were me, I'd swap Sulzer and Cube and leave the 2nd pairing alone.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote