Old
11-04-2010, 11:22 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1118
http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/f...line-from-nhl/

Quote:
Dan Carcillo was suspended twice last season – four games for cold-cocking Washington’s Matt Bradley, and two games for high-sticking New Jersey’s David Clarkson.

So don’t be surprised if the Flyers’ ornery winger gets called on the carpet again, this time for elbowing Rangers forward Ruslan Fedotenko early in the third period of Thursday’s 4-1 win in Philadelphia, especially since Rangers coach John Tortorella called him out in his post-game press conference.

“Do I have a problem with it? Sure, why wouldn’t I?” Tortorella said. “We get these (head shot) tapes sent to us during the summer and at the beginning of the year. Why send them? It’s a waste.”

Replays indicate Carcillo got his elbow up on Fedotenko, who was falling to the ice when contact was made.

“I saw him in the middle of the ice and the puck was there,” Carcillo said. “He kind of went down right when I got to him. My elbows were in. I know it looks bad, but I didn’t try to hit his head or anything.

“I don’t think anything (Tortorella) says is going to change anything. It is what it is. It’s not like I took strides toward him. I know they’re cracking down on that, so I imagine I’ll get a phone call.”
Quote:
“It’s very pleasant to hear that.” Russian goalie Sergei Bobrovsky on fans chanting his nickname, “Bob.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote