Old
11-05-2010, 09:06 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
People here have typed "Giroux" and "Forsberg" in the same sentence before, and usually someone else has chimed in to calm things down.

But it's not an altogether unwarranted comparison. The vision is there. The creativity is there. The hands are there. The flat, crisp, accurate passing is there.

But the thing that gets me to linking them is when opponents take runs at Giroux and he sends them flying by just bracing himself. In the annals of somewhat small and highly skilled forwards, that is a quintessentially Forsbergian characteristic.
That's why most people concede that Giroux is a miniFoppa. Forsberg's pure strength combined with his talent was what made him special, kind of like Lindros. That's a very rare combo. That Giroux is starting to show grit and throwing hits is very promising to me.

For me, the best part about Claude is his character. He's a fantastic player, but he still plays with the smile of a mite. That enthusiasm has to be infectious if it has even me grinning when he has the puck.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote