View Single Post
Old
11-05-2010, 01:28 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badko View Post
My point is that Boogaard's presence allows the entire team to play better and therefore means more to the team than just replacing one guy on the fourth line with better skills.

Of course, if the opponent has no significant heavyweight, then by all means dress somebody else.
I don't agree with that at all. Maybe he just allows Prust to play better, but how does he allow anyone else to play better? Do guys like Frolov and Gaborik really play better because Boogaard is in the lineup? Maybe if we didn't have anyone else that stood up for guys int he lineup, but at this point he's just redundant unless there's a heavyweight we need him to have a staged fight with.

What pisses me off most about Boogaard isn't that he's a heavyweight that can't play hockey, it's that it's not as if he is some fighting prodigy. It just so happens he's really big. We could have gotten a smaller heavyweight for the league minimum that is actually better at hockey than Boogaard. I really don't care who wins or loses the heavyweight fights. They don't seem to have much impact on games at all.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote