View Single Post
Old
05-18-2005, 07:21 PM
God Bless Canada

vCash: 500
I'm not convinced with either players credentials. I like Forsberg's chances more, as he has been an impact player from the moment he entered the league. I'd lean towards a yes in his case, with his consistent placing in the league's top 10, his Art Ross, Hart and Calder Trophies and his two-way brilliance. He's also come up big in the playoffs several times in his career. One or two more elite seasons would take him from a Pat LaFontaine (dominant at his peak, considered among the league's elite for several seasons, but will get turned down a couple times because of longevity) to a sure-fire first ballot guy.

Lindros hasn't done a damn thing since his 25th birthday. If he would have retired after the internal injury suffered in 1999, he would have had a better chance than he does now. He's a shell of what he used to be. He doesn't scare the opposition physically anymore. The fire is gone. He'd need two or three elite seasons to get Hall consideration. A player with his burgeoning talent and physical gifts should still be good for 90-100 points per seasons.

(By the way, I remember a 1997 THN cover story that said most general managers in the league would take Forsberg over Lindros, so Forsberg's superiority is nothing new).