Old
11-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
And I think the sentiment "we already have one overpaid vet in Smyth" is totally asinine.
Having Smyth and Iginla taking up $13.25 million (22% of the total cap) is way too much for players of their age. There is no bonus cushion next season and Doughty, Johnson and Simmonds all need new contracts. Williams increased production this season will more than make up for the loss of Frolov's 19 goals.

I would rather have Schenn, Loktionov, Hickey and the first round pick. You may have to add another player as a cap casualty if the Kings acquired Iginla with that proposed trade. Without Schenn, you would have to sign another center for next season. The Kings would be weaker after that trade.

The Kings are the youngest team in the NHL, have you forgotten how the Kings have always traded away their young talent for aging, overpaid veterans? Hopefully, Dean will not make the same mistakes. I would rather Dean take a shot at a deadline deal. Richards makes more sense as a rental for a chance at the cup. Dean will have a much better idea by the deadline.