View Single Post
Old
11-05-2010, 08:54 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I find it hard to believe that if you're hitting squats or dead lifts at high weight and going as hard as you can go, that you'll be able to play at even a decent level. Do you feel sore the next day? I don't care how long I've been doing squats and dead lifts, if you are really working yourself at the gym, you will be sore the next day. If not, you wasted a workout.
I always go full out at the gym, 3rd set is always to failure, once I can do the full number of reps on the 3rd set I know it's time to move the weight up. I do 3x10, so when first moving to a new weight I can normally do something like 10, 10 and 6 reps, once I get to 10/10/10 I bump the weight up again, this keeps me always going hard. I don't really have the time or patience to do 5-6 sets like some guys, though, which would probably kill my muscles a bit more. I'm always a touch sore the day after a workout, but not that sore unless I've taken some time off. I'm sure it affects my hockey/skating a bit when I do my lower body workout on the same day as hockey, but honestly it's not a major difference for me.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote