View Single Post
Old
10-06-2003, 06:25 AM
igor*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I think all this proves is Dudley has not been a smart GM of late.
Yup, I think you are right Momentai. It is a very ambiguous rule though.

These three paragraphs pretty much cover the issue.

(a) No Club shall lose more than three (3) players through draft claim made by another Club(s), unless it chooses to so offer its players, except as provided in subparagraph (b) of this Article, provided that, in any year in which there is an Expansion Draft involving one or two new Clubs, then the above described Waiver Draft loss limits shall not be applicable and instead Clubs will have a loss limit in the next Waiver Draft of two players or one player, respectively, per Club. In addition, any Club that loses a goalie in any Expansion Draft may not, unless it so elects, lose a goalie in either the next Waiver Draft or the following year's Waiver Draft. "Draft claim" for this purpose does not include a player transferred as a result of the option described in subsection 13.29 hereof.

(b) A Club's three draft claim loss limit shall be increased by the number of draft claims it makes against other Clubs.

13.28. Goalkeepers: No Club shall lose more than one (1) goalkeeper which loss shall be included in the total of three (3) in subsection 13.27 above, unless the Club chooses to so offer additional goalkeeper(s), provided that, in any year in which there is an Expansion Draft involving one or two new Clubs, then the above described Waiver Draft loss limits shall not be applicable and instead Clubs will have a loss limit in the next Waiver Draft of two players or one player, respectively, per Club. In addition, any Club that loses a goalie in any Expansion Draft may not, unless it so elects, lose a goalie in either the next Waiver Draft or the following year's Waiver Draft.

At the end of the day it just wasn't a very smart move by Rick Dudley though ... I mean geez Dudley, if you are unsure, ask!