Old
11-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Gomez and Kostitsyn have shown some chemistry together these past few games
Man, it's like we're the same person.

I think Gomez and Kostitsyn fit like a glove. You can tell that Gomez likes to carry the puck and dish it off everytime(obvious I know). You can also tell that Kostitsyn doesn't like carrying the puck, he just wants to get into position.

For the entire four years he's been on the team, I don't think Kostitsyn's talents have ever been exploited. He's always been the complimentary winger.

Kostitsyn needs a guy like Gomez to carry the puck and just look for him constantly to get his shot off. I guarentee they will fit like a glove. Just look at how many times a game Gomez gets a pass of to Gionta. Imagine Andrei in that situation who is just a much more dynamic player than Gionta.

Since we acquired Gomez, I've been dying for him to play with Andrei. They clearly have some chemistry. Their games compliment each other so well. Andrei is a pure give and go, positional sniper. He has yet to have played with players who play a role complimentary to that. Gomez likes to carry the puck and dish off a pass immediately once the zone is gained. I really think it can work.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote