Thread: Speculation: Potential trade partners
View Single Post
Old
11-06-2010, 01:05 AM
SubyBruin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
People are using capgeek's numbers that say $5.4M, or something along those lines. But that site is also currently counting a 26-man roster. Just the shimmying about to make roster room for Sturm and Savard (which would have to be done anyway) should be enough to fit everyone in.

So... Trade Paille and demote Ryder (when the last guy gets back - if needed, as there could be other injuries too).
And we have Bergeron, Krejci, Savard, Seguin, Wheeler, Marchand, Campbell, Horton, Lucic, Thornton, Recchi, Sturm, Caron as our 13 forwards? Personally, I make Rex #13 and that's one hell of a killer lineup.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Sturm - Bergeron - Caron
Wheeler - Savard - Seguin
Marchand - Campbell - Thornton
Recchi

?
I like the lineup but someone has to go, i dont think that they would bench Rex more or less out of respect rather than playing ability, Caron and Marchand are both playing very well and that 4th line is just rolling right now. Sturm would be the one I would love to see go with him being injury prone and while he has put up 20+ goals in all his seasons wearing the black and gold (with exception of 2008-09) i personally dont think that there is room for him in boston any longer. Ryder either needs to go or get demoted granted he is playing well, Paile is not doing any good sitting on the bench and as everyone knows is pretty good on the PK, and like the original poster said Dallas could be a nice new home for him. you move sturm or just bench him right now caron, wheels, and seguin are all playing very well.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Wheeler - Savard - Seguin
Caron - Bergeron - Recchi
Marchand - Campbell - Thorton
Sturm

As for the D, Hunwick's skill set is one of a kind for our blue liners, the Yandle trade just seems to improbable. I know this might sound improbable too but what about trying to get Wisniewski from the islanders, they are lets face it pretty bad if we toss them Ryder, Hunwick, Paile, Sturm any of these guys in some combination. the islanders have a whole lot of cap space available, and yes Wisniewski will be a UFA at the end of the season im sure we could negotiate something with him.

SubyBruin is offline   Reply With Quote