View Single Post
Old
11-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Mezzer has shown us that when he isn't relied on to be one of the best defenseman on the team he can really shine. Same could be said for Carle and to a lesser extent Coburn. I think we will see the true value of Meszaros if Timonen or Pronger misses significant time. He will probably have to be the one to fill their roles.

I was critical of him in the early part of the year. The first 4 games or so. I thought he was underperforming for someone making 4M a season. I think he has been improving, getting more comfortable with his teammates and becoming more comfortable in Laviolettes system. I saw some hesitation out of him in the early going. Not so much now. He is skating hard, taking the body, and making quick decisions with the puck. I think there is still room for improvement in his game offensively and I hope that he will find it, he has a good point shot but still hasn't found goals. I think that will change for him. I am pleased with what I see and I think he will get better as the season goes forward.

Great post. You've seen pretty much the exact same Mez that I've been watching.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote