Thread: Speculation: Potential trade partners
View Single Post
Old
11-06-2010, 06:22 PM
TheTimThomasProject

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucicTrain View Post
trading Savard right now wouldnt be selling short. he's a big question mark right now, maybe he comes back and is the old Savard maybe he's not. facts are the Bruins need to clear cap, have plenty of center depth and could use some offensive skill on the blueline. if you could flip Savard for White you would have to do it. that said i dont see any team taking a chance on Savard. no one was willing to bite in the off season and that was before he had recurring PCS
No doubt, you makes some great points.

Bruins need space, he's got an injury that he may or may not come back from. A team like Calgary make take that chance on him and try to reunite him with Jerome as they seem have needed a first line center for awhile. I like White and what he brings to the table but I dont know if I would trade Savard for him. Calgary might not either. The leafs wanted Kessel and a first for Kabs once so who knows. Not saying White is in the same class as Kabs at all.

I personally would like to keep Savard around till Seguin is more proven and has more experience. David seems great on the first line and Bergy has skills too. My concern would be a injury to David and moving having to move Bergy to first line duty and Seguin to second line duty. No doubt Seguin and Bergy could handle these roles if need be but I like the center depth the team has (Like the Peguins).

I may would look for a more cost effective approch like Doc said earlier, someone like a Corvo. Another poster mentioned Paul Mara as well, I really don't know much about his game or what he brings to the table.

TheTimThomasProject is offline   Reply With Quote