View Single Post
Old
11-06-2010, 05:25 PM
majormet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Look, the defense is terrible, and that's exposing all of the shortcomings of the forwards. We knew the forward corps was hopelessly weak defensively.

Some people labored under the delusion that the defense was improved. Clearly Wisniewski suffers from no longer playing with a top-3 partner, and the rest of the crew are non-physical and mediocre skaters. Mottau and Eaton are different players when asked to play roles too large for them.

There's no mystery here about what's going on. We've got two of our four best D-men (and three of our top six - Jurcina is better than both Gervais and Hillen) down to injuries in a crew without any quality depth to begin with.

And, yeah, DP sucks right now, no doubt. Truth is, I don't expect it to get much better until MacDonald comes back.

Cheers,

Dan-o
I think this is what it more or less comes down to, we have dmen 7-9 in the rotation our 3/4 pairing is now our 1/2 pairing. (Martinek/Eaton). I am assuming you are also stating that Jurcina is better than Mottau as well has Hillen and Gervais. I would agree with that

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote