11-06-2010, 10:27 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monmouth View Post
Wait...what?
I don't follow the Knicks...but you're saying that NY has a lot of Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, and Heat fans?
One thing which annoys me about hockey at MSG is how have to deal with so many popular road teams like
Montreal/Toronto/Buffalo/the Devils/Islanders/Flyers/Red Wings/BlackHawks/Penguins, and to a lesser extent, much lesser, the Bruins and Caps.

I always felt Knicks fans had it MUCH easier in that when they played at MSG, they didn't have to deal with road fans as we do.
I mean, the Knicks don't have to deal with a local rival like the Devils or Islanders (the Nets have absolutely NO fans, not even at MSG).
The Knicks also don't have a popular team in Philly to deal with, nor do they have the Candians following their national pastime.
I always have been jealous that in terms of home crowds, the Knicks have it MUCH easier than us because Buffalo/Tornonto/Montreal are non-existant in basktball, Philly always stinks, NJ has no fans.

You're telling me that Knicks fans DO have to deal with road fans at MSG like we do?
Who besides the Celtics and Lakers would bother coming to MSG?
I mean, even then, are the Celtics or Lakers really THAT popular in NYC in that they bring hordes here?
Hard to complain about this part since we bring a ton of road fans anywhere we go also.