View Single Post
Old
11-07-2010, 12:11 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
While only the first goal was really one I would fault Pekka for (yet another repeat of the shot from the left wing, sharp angle, right over Pekka's shoulder), he really seems-- off, since coming back from injury. Like, fighting the puck more than I've seen in some time. Overplaying angles, taking himself out of position, poor rebound control. For now though, I'd like to see him work out whatever it is that's freezing him on those sharp angle shots, high glove side, because it won't take the rest of the league long to figure out the book on him.

For the second game in a row, I felt like Goc was our best forward. Hornqvist and Legwand looked to be trying out there as well. This game actually wasn't quite as one sided as the score suggests...we actually had quite a few good chances, and our one PP even looked pretty solid. The difference was that the Kings were able to capitalize on every mistake and chance they had. SOB, despite the goal, had probably his worst game as a Predator, I thought. The backbreaking "we ain't coming back in this one" Smyth goal was a result of his letting Smyth wriggle completely free in front of the net -- and helplessly watching him doing what he does best, taking a loose puck rebound and roofing it on the backhand. His lack of footspeed was pretty clearly exposed tonight. he and Franson were getting burned to the outside all night. Lastly...what happened to the Ward that scored 17 goals? This season, it's looked like he's lost any modicum of offensive ability he ever had. He can't handle a puck to save his life, can't get a shot off, and has developed a penchant for firing passes right to opposing forwards, killing the forecheck. Hope he can figure it out.

Something I hope gets addressed that I've noticed this season is poor shot selection. Klein is usually the most guilty of it, but it's affecting several forwards as well. The number of blocked shots for the Kings tonight blew my mind, but thinking back -- i'm not really surprised. I think a good number of those blocks came from our players firing pucks directly into black jerseys.

Back on the horse tomorrow. I'm guessing Lindback is in, as originally planned -- so a struggling Pekka won't be an excuse. Gotta do something to stop the bleeding.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote