View Single Post
Old
10-06-2003, 07:33 AM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
Heck of a write up. You did a great and fair job.

A couple of things. Holland has been killed on some trades, but he has done well on others. Keep in mind that trading at the deadline for a big name player will get you killed/pay way too much, no matter who you are.

Further, the Cheli trade did bring them the cup two years ago. (Cheli had one good year left in him and he really helped the wings that year).

I don't think Hatcher will have the year he had last season, but I don't think he will fall off by a lot. If he is matched w/ Linstrom (who plays a very simular style to that of Zubov) he should play well.

Finally, I see Fischer stepping into the role of 3rd Dman. Cheli is used up, great in situational play but doesn't move as well (last year and I would expect this year) as Hatcher (which is saying a lot).

Feds loss will really hurt the Wings this year. I think that Zet will be fine at Center, but I don't like Homer on the 2nd line. (Great/tough player, but can't create his own chances). If he isn't able to get to the front of the net, he isn't effective. (As a forth liner, he has always played against the 3rd D pairing, now he will be forced to play against the 2nd).

Thanks for the review. Great work. Look forward to the start of the season and watching the Blues/Wings games.