Thread: Switzerland: Swiss hockey players in NHL/AHL
View Single Post
11-07-2010, 04:57 PM
vCash: 500
Good news from the Wick side of life

After his first assist in the last game, he has 2 assists in the first period today, while the Bsens are leading 4-0 vs. Sbisa's Syracuse!

A new Swiss guy to remember could be Thomas Haas, defenseman playing for the Shattuck St.Marys in the USHS league, Midget 'AA'.
He's a very big guy (6'3 and 198 lbs, like Nino is now), 15 yo and has 16 points in 16 games so far. On the other hand, this stats maybe aren't that meaningful, when you see that they win games like 16-0 or 12-1 ( and last year they had like 10 PPG players, but taking a look on Haas could be worth it.

Other interesting, but completely useless facts about the USHS I researched:
A guy named Sidney Crosby also played for the St.Marys at this age, putted up 160 points ->1st overall pick
Jack Johnson scored only 42 points, although on Crosby's team... (Haas is on pace for 60 points) ->3rd overall pick
Emerson Etem scored only 28 points in 60 games -> 1st round pick
Alex Goligoski scored 34 points in 28 games while 2 years older than Haas -> 2nd round pick
Ben Blood had 36 points in 60 games while 2 years older than Haas -> 4th round pick

I think I've found a new personal favourite swiss player
There aren't many players in this league at his age, and almost nobody with his size and scoring ability!

or like torero would say:

Last edited by swissexpert: 11-08-2010 at 06:26 AM.
swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote