View Single Post
Old
11-07-2010, 08:38 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
We're 15 games in, having the best 7 games of your season isn't that big an achievement.

He's got 8 points in 9 games, but all of those points have come in 3 games against the Canes, Sabres and Isles. Two of whom are in the bottom 4 and the other 19th. In fact, he's not scored a single point yet this season against a team in a play-off position right now.

If that's good enough for you then fair enough, but it's not for me.
As opposed to Giroux's massive 3 points against PO teams one of which was an assist to Zherdev he didn't know jack**** about, wow what a divide there.

My whole point is that you criticize Carter after 4-5 really strong games and then immediately rush to Roo's defense because Jester pointed out that he wasn't at his best tonight (which was true for both of them).

I mean Jesus, the team had a rough game at the end of a long stretch where they won 6 of 7 and took 13 of 14 points and people want to jump right back on the same tired dead horses as before.

EDIT: In case this isn't clear, I will reemphasize my opinion that saying "Player A had points against Team 1 and Player B had points against Team 2" is really ****ing dumb. A goal is a goal and 2 points are 2 points no matter who the hell you're playing against.

2 points against the Islanders count just the same as 2 points against the Capitals.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote