Old
11-08-2010, 09:31 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflu View Post
DrDoom,

Funny thing is, I like Carter, more than Richie in fact. At least Jeff can win a draw. I was also a big Abreu (and Schmidty) fan. But I digress.

I agree, playing him out of position isn't doing him any favors. The guy was born to be a right winger. But he is either incapable of adjusting or is too damn stubborn.
Carter has improved on draws and Richards still hasn't worked on that part of his game like Crosby. However, Richards gets himself and the team involved in a number of ways and doesn't always have to score. Carter is paid to do just that and thus far getting your points in 5 of 15 gp and against teams with weak defenses like the Isles, Carolina, Colorado and Buff doesn't impress me. Moreover, if anybody has been jerked around it's been Richards with the crappy wingers he gets. I agree Jeff has to suck it up and round out his game by playing better out of what he deems his natural position. Right now he's not adjusting well so maybe he needs some time. I will say that having him around in case of injury is important and he can fill in that center slot nicely but depending on how much they want to pay him..it might be a bit of a luxury of sorts. Having said this I would rather thin out the D with salary to get who we need signed next season and build up the wings since Zherdev and JVR are still on probation and we don't know what kind of production we're going to get with them...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote