View Single Post
Old
11-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Pleky Roks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
Picard has deserved it in my opinion, he's played up to and even exceeded expectations in most of the games he's played.

I feel for O'Byrne, I really do. I was always a fan of his but it just seems he never got the confidence he needed to develop properly. Hopefully he gets a crack on a team that has room for him to play every night.

O'Byrne had lots of opportunities to play and steal a roster spot in the last 3 years, he just didn't step his game up enough and get the job done, whether it was confidence or whatever....he made mistakes in his own end and took awful penalties late in the game. When you take stupid. unnecessary penalties late in the game it usually means he wasn't working hard enough to win the battle and had to take a penalty.

Picard has played solid when in the lineup and has shown that he's better than O'Byrne and deserves to stay with the club. Picard is another left handed shot and might not play as tough as O'Byrne, but he also plays harder and doesn't make the mistakes and take stupid penalties that O'Byrne does.

I like O'Byrne and I wished he would have played well enough to play regularly, but he didn't and now, chances are he'll be traded or waived.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote