View Single Post
Old
11-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp View Post
I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere, and Pete and Terry didn’t mention it, so maybe I’m nuts, but on the Ducks first goal scored 52 seconds into the game, I think the Preds messed up a line change and sent only 4 men out. I’ve watched that goal several times from all angles that were shown and on that whole shift I only saw 4 Preds on the ice – Goc, Wilson, Frankie and Shea. The stats (game summary) says Hörnqvist was out with them, but I didn’t see him. 9, 33, 51 and 6 stayed on the ice for the ensuing face off and were joined by Ward. Not saying Ward was supposed to be out there when the goal was scored – he was out with Leggy and Smithson on the initial face off, but immediately left for Tootoo. But to me, it looked like the Preds messed up and gave the Ducks a free PP – that yielded the first goal. If anyone still has this one, can you find a fifth Predator other than Lindbäck on that shift?.
I remember that crossed my mind when the goal was scored, but as you said, it wasn't mentioned and I forgot about it. The Ducks points were too wide open and when the puck went out to the right point, Wilson comes across to defend it, then it's whipped over to the left point where it's wide open and no one is within 20'.

With the quick line changes off the draw, I wouldn't doubt that that got screwed up...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote