View Single Post
Old
11-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
We did win the Kostitsyn trade... both Kostitsyn's are playing better now and that's what PG wanted. Sergei wasn't a fit for us and had a bad attitude. He needed a place like NSH to straighten him out. Andrei has his mind on his brother and not on the game.

Now that SK is gone he can focus on his game and AK can focus on his. We got the better player out of the deal anyways, the "real" Andrei Kostitsyn.
I agree. Just that fact that we got a decent player in return means we won the trade. Also, the only reason Kostistyn has a regular spot on the Preds as we speak is due to injuries. Lombardi has been out all season, and better players like Goc and Erat have been in and out of the lineup with various injuries. In comparison, we've had no injuries up front. Both players were fringe guys who were going nowhere in their careers so to say "we lost the trade" is kind of ridiculous. One of them may thrive somewhere eventually, but i bet it wont be on their current teams.
I know the Nashville predators well because i picked a couple of their players in my pool, and i can tell you without a doubt that there is no room for SK in the top 6. And that's with Lombardi and Erat out. This trade was simply a case of two teams getting rid of guys they didn't really need, and hoping the guy in return might take the new start somewhere else as a chance to prove himself. It didn't really happen with Boyd, but at the end of the day we shouldn't really care.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote